So Many Thoughts

I always seem to have an opinion about something. Some things get me worked up, and I will tell anyone that will listen my passionate point of view. I rarely lose my temper, I just feel passion. I guess I have to feel that passion about a topic to want to express myself. I write to vent when I need to. Hopefully it won't be all negative stuff, just a place to collect my thoughts at the time. So this is not so much about my life but my personal thoughts about the world around me.

Wednesday, 16 May 2007

Old Towels

My favourite old towel has a big hole in it. It's about 18 years old now, I guess I should expect that. I wonder how many other people would keep a holey old towel just because it's their favourite. I love it because it is huge - down to my feet and in the winter I can keep so warm in it. It only gets used the once before its washed - I can't understand reusing dirty towels that sit all day between being used -eww. I would rather have a heap of washing to do and get a clean towel everyday - so I guess in light of that, my towel has lasted a long time. Not that I am ready to throw it out. It still works, in spite of the hole! The towel is so big the hole doesn't stop it from working lol! I don't understand much of our throw-away society today. We throw things away that don't even have anything wrong with them just because there is a new model out - or to keep up with fashion. I'm just not like that I guess. And it's not just my towel(s).. I have a favourite old tshirt, pillow, socks (that I wore in high school lol!), My sofa I've had for 18 years and that really has to go lol - one day soon...

I just don't feel the need to keep up with the Jones with things.. I like new technology and I try to keep up to date with that, but that is because I use it and wear old stuff out.. I wish things/appliances were made to last 30 odd years like they were used to, now we just throw them away because they aren't worth fixing, and so our rubbish/dumps are overflowing with useless appliances. Seems stupid to me, why are we trying to recycle plastic bags and sending all our old appliances with apparently nothing worth fixing or saving for parts.. to the rubbish tip? Crazy.. or is crazy holding on to a holey towel.. hmm..

No comments: